United Healthcare - UnitedHealthOne Individual and Family plans
United Healthcare offers Short Term Medical (STM) plans in 31 states. The length of the available coverage term varies by state. Below you will find the states where United Healthcare plans are available and the policy term duration's for their plans in each state.
The United Healthcare STM plan provide an excellent base of protection. However, Short term medical (STM) plans do not cover all the services/treatments mandated under Obamacare (e.g. maternity, preventive care, outpatient mental health services and prescription drugs) and they do not cover any pre-existing conditions.
Therefore, to enhance your overall coverage, United Healthcare offers several supplemental benefits (see further down this page). You can also add any or all the following supplemental benefits available on our US Supplemental Coverage page to make your overall plan as comprehensive as you want:
- Accident Protection Plans
- Critical Illness Plans
- Cancer Treatment Plans
- First Day Hospital/ICU Stay Protection
- 100% Preventive Care (Per ACA/Obamacare guidelines)
- Prescription Drug coverage
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Life Insurance
United Healthcare Coverage
United Healthcare offers several different Short Term Medical plans under the UnitedHealthOne brand as noted below. Plan options and availability vary by state.
United Healthcare offers three different Short Term Medical plans:
TriTerm Medical plans offer three different options in most states where available (Copay Select Max, Plan 80 Max and Plan 100 Max) with varying deductibles, coinsurance percentages and out of pocket limits. All plans include a $2 Million lifetime maximum benefit (over 3 terms).
TriTerm Medical plans provide three, back to back 12-month policies offering continuous coverage for up to 36 months with one application. This means that beginning with the second policy, any pre-existing conditions will be covered for the remaining two policy terms.
Copay Select Max offers:
- Lowest premium of all TriTerm Medical plans (except new Value plans)
- Copays for doctor visits, preventive care and prescription drugs
Plan 80 Max offers:
- Lower coinsurance than Copay Select Max
- Lower premium than Plan 100 Max
Plan 100 Max offers:
- Highest TriTerm Medical plan benefits
- 100% coverage after per-term deductible has been met
NEW! Value offers:
- Budget friendly coverage with targeted benefits
- Available 2/28/2020 in AR and AZ
All TriTerm plans (except Value) include the following:
- Prescription drug coverage (not available on most Short Term Medical plans)
- Preventive Care benefits (after 6 months on the plan you can go to the doctor for wellness checks)
Enhanced STM plans offer four different options (Value, Copay, Plus and Plus Elite) with varying deductibles, coinsurance percentages and out of pocket limits. The Enhanced STM plans include the following...
- Longer term lengths (in some states)
- Preventive care benefits on all plans
- Improved Rx benefit on most plans
- No waiting period for illness coverage
- Unlimited urgent care visits with a copay
Traditional United Healthcare Short Term Medical plans offer:
- Multiple different plans - each with multiple deductible, coinsurance percentage and out of pocket limit options
- Choice of $250,000, $500,000, $600,000 or $2 Million lifetime (per term) maximum benefit
- Copay plans with doctor office visit copays
- Unlimited urgent care visits with a copay
United Healthcare Current State Availability and Plan Duration's
TriTerm Medical plans are now available in 18 states as follows:
AL, AR, AZ, FL, GA, IN, KY, LA, MS, NC, NE, OK, SC (three 11-month plans), TN, TX, WV
NEW!As of 11/22/2019, United Healthcare has made TriTerm plans available in Iowa and Missouri. Specific limits apply to each state. See the TriTerm brochure below for more details.
For more details see the following TriTerm brochures:
- TriTerm (AZ, FL, MS, NE, TN, TX, WV)
- TriTerm (GA, KY, NC, OK)
- TriTerm (SC)
- TriTerm (IA)
- TriTerm (LA, MO)
NOTE: TriTerm plans ask more extensive health questions than the other United Healthcare STM plans. Here are the TriTerm Application Questions to download and review.
Enhanced STM plans are available in 19 states as follows:
- States with plans available for up to 12 months per policy: AL, AR, AZ, FL, GA, IN, KY, LA, MS, NC, TN, WI
- States with two (2) back to back 12-month policies available: AL, AZ, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, OK, TX
- States with two (2) back to back 6-month policies available: WY
- States with one (1) 6-month policy per year available: MI, MT, NV
- States with one (1) 6-month policy available: IL (Requires 61 day gap between plans)
For more details see the following Enhanced STM brochures:
- Enhanced STM (AZ, FL, IL, IN, MI, MS, TN, TX, WI)
- Enhanced STM (GA, KY, MT, NC, OK)
- Enhanced STM (LA, NV, WY)
Traditional United Healthcare Short Term Medical (STM) are available in 30 states
- States with plans available for up to 360 days per policy: AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, NE, OH, PA, SC (337-day plans), TN, TX, WI, WV
- States with plans available for up to 180 or 184 days per policy: AZ, IL, IN, LA, MI, MN, MO, MT, NV, SD, VA, WY
For more details see the following Traditional STM brochures:
- Traditional STM (AZ, FL, IA, IL, IN, MI, MS, NE, PA, TN, TX, WI, WV)
- Traditional STM (GA, KY, MN, MT, NC, SD)
- Traditional STM (AL, AR, OH, OK)
- Traditional STM (LA, MO, NV, SC, WY)
- Traditional STM (VA)
United Healthcare Provider (PPO) Network
In most parts of the country, UnitedHealthOne plans utilize the United Health Care Choice or Choice Plus PPO networks, The United Healthcare PPO networks are some of the largest and most well-respected networks of doctors and medical facilities across the nation. To find out which network is available to you in your area, please visit the United Healthcare Network page. Select “Medical Directory.” Then “All United Healthcare Plans.” Then choose to enter as a "Guest." You will then choose the Choice or Choice Plus directory link.
- States using the Choice network are: AZ, DE, FL, IL, IN, KS, LA, MI, MO, MS, NE, NV, PA, SC, TN, TX, WI, WV, WY
- States using the Choice Plus network are: AL, AR, GA, KY, MN, MT, NC, OH, OK, SD, VA
United Healthcare Supplemental Benefits
United Healthcare offers a variety of different supplemental plan options that you can include with your STM plan. Plan availability varies by state. For all supplemental plans you can view plan details, see availability for your state, run quotes and apply for these plans at the "Quote and Apply" link below.
All the following plans are designed to help cover deductibles and out of pocket limits on the above STM plans.
United Healthcare Supplemental Accident Benefit:
These plans are paired directly with an STM plan above. This plan pays the selected benefit amount per accident. Benefit amounts range from $2,500 to $12,500.
United Healthcare Accident ProGap Plans:
This plan combines a $2,500 to $7,500 accident benefit with a matching amount of Critical Illness benefit AND a lump sum, onetime per year $2,500 hospital admission benefit.
For more details see the: Accident ProGap Brochure
United Healthcare Accident ProGuard Plans:
This plan combines a $5,000 or $10,000 accident benefit with $10,000 to $50,000 of Critical Illness benefit.
For more details see the: Accident ProGuard Brochure
United Healthcare Dental and Vision Plans:
United Healthcare offers a variety of dental plans in 44 states. Many states include optional vision plan riders. All plans offer discounts on hearing aids and exams through Epic Hearing Healthcare.
United Healthcare offers two different types of dental plans as follows:
Dental Primary plans:
There are four (4) Dental Primary plan options. There are two lower priced plans that do not cover major services and two plans that do cover major services after a 6-month waiting period. Two of the plans allow you to see any dentist and the other two utilize the United Healthcare Dental PPO network.
For more details on the Dental Primary plans see the: Dental Primary Brochure
Dental Premier plans:
There are four (4) Dental Primary plan options. All plans offer higher annual benefit maximums than the Dental Primary plans. Annual benefit maximums range from $1,500 to $3,000 per person. One of the plans offers NO waiting periods for all covered services. Another plan offers orthodontia coverage.
For more details on the Dental Premier plans see the: Dental Premier Brochure
In addition to the vision riders available on the dental plans above, United Healthcare offers separate, stand-alone vision plans in 44 states (including D.C.). There are two vision plan options, Plan A and Plan B.
For more details on these Vision plans see the: Vision Plan Brochure
United Healthcare Short Term Medical Quote and Apply Online
The easiest way to quote and apply is through United Healthcare's secure online application link as follows:
Click Here to Quote and Apply
See if one of our alternative health plan solutions is right for you
If you would like to discuss your health insurance options to see if one of these United Healthcare STM plans (combined with a Fixed Benefit plan and/or our other US Supplemental Plans) are right for you, please go to the link above with the image that says CALL ME and schedule a call with me on a day and time that works for you, and I will call you to review your options.