About CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield (CareFirst) has been in business for over 80 years. They are the largest not-for-profit health plan in the Mid-Atlantic region. CareFirst offers ACA/Obamacare individual/family plans. They also offer group plans.
CareFirst Individual Plans State Availability
CareFirst offers their individual and family plans On the exchanges. On exchange plans are offered on the Federal Marketplace in Virginia and the Maryland Health Connection exchange for Maryland.
For 2022, CareFirst plans to sell ACA/Obamacare individual plans in the following markets:
Note: The markets above represent the states where US Insurance Solutions is currently licensed. Clicking a link will take you to our page for that state where you can see ALL health plan options we offer in that state.
CareFirst Plan Benefits
To review the summaries for CareFirst ACA individual and family health plans, go here:
Virginia Plan Year 2022 Individual Health Plans
Maryland Plan Year 2022 Individual Health Plans
NOTE: After reviewing the available plans, if you are ready to get a quote and sign up for a plan, please go to the links at the bottom of this page.
CareFirst Provider Networks
To find a provider in the CareFirst network in your area, go to the CareFirst Provider Finder website.
CareFirst Prescription Coverage and Formulary Information
To learn more about prescription drug coverage on all CareFirst health plans go to their Prescription Drug Plan Information page.
CareFirst Member Tools, Resources and Plan Highlights
The following benefits and services are included with CareFirst plans at little or no extra cost:
- Rewards—through our Blue Rewards incentive program, you can earn money that can be used to pay deductibles and out-of-pocket costs by taking steps to improve your health.
- Focused support—our Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) program enables your PCP to coordinate your care with all your doctors, pharmacies and hospitals to better provide you with the services and support needed to keep you in the best possible health.
- Personal assistance—stop by one of our local offices to speak with a friendly, knowledgeable insurance professional who can answer any questions and discuss your health plan needs.
- Free 24/7 medical advice line—if you are unable to reach your PCP, or are unsure about your symptoms, you can call FirstHelpTM our 24-hour nurse advice line at 800-535-9700.
- Video Visit—get the care you need when and where you need it. From sudden colds to allergy woes, sign in to speak to a doctor right away. For mental health, diet/nutrition, or breastfeeding support, schedule a visit and meet with a licensed professional from the comfort of your home. Learn more about CareFirst Video Visit.
- CareFirst Individual and Family Plan Quotes
To see if CareFirst plans are available in your area and the other available insurance companies and plans, and get a free quote, just go to our ACA Quotes page. From there you can access quotes on the Federal Marketplace for Virginia and the Maryland Health Connection exchange for Maryland.
U.S. Insurance Solutions is here to help
Remember, you are NOT in this alone…I am here to help! As your Personal Health Insurance Advisor, my goal is to make your life easier by taking the hassle out of finding the right health plan for your situation and needs.
To discuss your health insurance options and make sure you have the best possible health plan for your situation, please go to the link above with the image that says CALL ME and schedule a call with me on a day and time that works for you, and I will call you to review your options.